Chinese  
New York Time: Wednesday, 8/19/2026    
Home    US    World    China    Arts    Science    Entertainment    Sports    Beyond science
Kevin Spacey’s First Movie Since #MeToo Earned Just $126 On Opening Day
2018-08-19 15:37:32   (Visits: 881 Times)
Kevin Spacey has been accused by multiple people of sexual misconduct. (Lucas Jackson/Reuters
Dominique Mosbergen
HuffPost•August 19, 2018

The film “Billionaire Boys Club” ? the first movie featuring Kevin Spacey to be released since the 59-year-old actor was accused by multiple people of sexual misconduct ? reportedly made less than $130 on its first day in theaters.

The Hollywood Reporter described the film’s cinema debut as a “career low at the box office” for the Oscar-winning performer.

The movie — a crime drama that also stars Ansel Elgort and Taron Egerton — opened without fanfare in 10 theaters in select states across the U.S. on Friday, a month after first being released through video on demand.

The Reporter said the film made a total of $126 on its first day. “That’s a per location average of $12.60, which doesn’t even equal two tickets if going by the current average ticket price of $9.27,” the magazine said.
Indie film distributor Vertical Entertainment announced in June that the movie would be granted a limited release in U.S. cinemas despite the sexual misconduct allegations against Spacey.

Actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey last October of sexually harassing him in 1986 when he was 14 and Spacey was 26. Since then, many others, including several of Spacey’s “House of Cards” colleagues, have accused the actor of sexual harassment and inappropriate sexual behavior.

“We hope these distressing allegations pertaining to one person’s behavior — that were not publicly known when the film was made almost two-and-a-half years ago — does not tarnish the release of the film,” Vertical said in a statement, according to The Independent.

“We don’t condone sexual harassment on any level and we fully support victims of it,” the statement said. “This is neither an easy nor insensitive decision to release this film in theaters, but we believe in giving the cast, as well as hundreds of crew members who worked hard on the film, the chance to see their final product reach audiences.”

The film reportedly cost $15 million to make. It has a 13 percent audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
•This article originally appeared on HuffPost.


Interview With Alan Gauld, a Prominent Scholar of the Paranormal
parent is a tough job that can make anyone feel like
trump says he won't be at Biden's inauguration; Obamas, Bushes will attend
Indianapolis -- Olympic race walker, coach and official Bruce MacDonald, passed away
Rep. Joyce Beatty, chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, and other activists lead
Staring Down Hurricane Florence
The Rise of Conservative Art and Poetry
Congress Wants to Force Trump's Hand on Human Rights in China and Beyond
Bill Gates has a warning about population growth
New York Armory Party and World Championships in Athletics Video big screen connectio
Joint Statement of the Leaders of the Five Nuclear-Weapon States on Preventing Nuclea
Trump hails Charlie Kirk as martyr to thousands at memorial service
Trump hammers de Blasio for NYPD cops getting doused with water by unruly groups aft
This Is What Child Bodybuilder ‘Little Hercules’ Is Doing Today
Joe Biden sworn in as 46th U.S president, calls on Americans to 'end this uncivil war
2020 Vision: Why Warren's honeymoon may be coming to an end ?
Dershowitz: 'Clock Is Ticking' on Trump Legal Team's Election Efforts
SETI Investigates Unusual Radio Signal From Space
EXCLUSIVE: McCabe Told Congress That Comey’s Draft Exoneration of Clinton Was Unprece
U.S. names 222 to 2022 Winter Olympics roster, tied for second-biggest U.S. contingen
Contact       About Us       Legal Disclaimer